Rehabilitation 2030 aims to increase attention towards including rehabiltation within health systems. A Call to Action was drafted and was endorsed by participants at the meeting.
The call to action seeks to improve and increase rehabilitation services worldwide through
- Creating strong leadership and political support for rehabilitation at sub-national, national and global levels.
- Strengthening rehabilitation planning and implementation at national and sub-national levels.
- Improving integration of rehabilitation into the health sector to effectively and efficiently meet population needs.
- Incorporating rehabilitation in Universal Health Coverage.
- Building comprehensive rehabilitation service delivery models to progressively achieve equitable access to quality services, including assistive products, for all the population.
- Developing a strong multidisciplinary rehabilitation workforce that is suitable for country context, and promoting rehabilitation concepts across all health workforce education.
- Expanding financing for rehabilitation through appropriate mechanisms.
- Collecting information relevant to rehabilitation to enhance health information systems including system level rehabilitation data and information on functioning utilizing the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF).
- Building research capacity and expanding the availability of robust evidence for rehabilitation.
- Establishing and strengthening networks and partnerships in rehabilitation, particularly between low-, middle- and high-income countries.
Representatives from the WCPT, WFOT, Handicap International, CBM and many other international and local organistions were present.
More information can be found via the link below.